>Every once in a while it’s good to turn over some rocks. Lately, I’ve been tossed into the world of SOA and Enterprise Integration Patterns. This lead me down an investigation of the Apache Camel project.
Camel is an interesting project in itself, as it can help wire together a lot of integration points. Half the time we spend is just hooking things together to move data from one place to another.
In the investigation of camel, I came across the Eclipse STP EID project. However, it looks like it is on life support at the moment. However, I hope to help try and revive it a bit. The one thing I’m really interested in from the project is its visual designer.
* This little project is in URGENT NEED OF HELP!
* We are desperately seeking developers who can help take on open bugs
* We are desperately seeking developers to help refresh and add to the examples using our extension points.
* EID is not going to be part of the Galileo release as it will not build with EMF 2.5.
* Yes, EID is only available for the *Eclipse 3.4.x* stream
So as you can see. If you are looking to help resurrect a project, or get your feet wet. The STP EID project may be a great opportunity to help the community. Sounds like they really, really, need it.