>For those very brave souls that want to help with VEX or are looking to contribute and test VEX, we finally have some automated builds. Warning these builds are still very much in an experimental stage, and there is a lot of stuff changing underneath. These have only been tested on Web Tools 3.1.x and Eclipse 3.5. They might work with 3.4 and 3.0, but no guarantee.
- Integration with WTP Content Model, removes old dependency on DTDParser.
- Includes basic DocBook 4.5 and CSS stylesheet.
- Support for DITA 1.1 (not currently included in the latest build), and CSS stylesheet.
- Loads the VEX model from the WTP DOM – currently they aren’t kept in synch. The WTP DOM is only used to load the VEX document model.
This is a good version to kick the tires and see what it can do. We are looking for some contributions, and patches. Particularly in the following areas:
- Adapters between WTP DOM and the VEX Model.
- Multipage Editor that has both a VEX Editor and the SSE DOM editor.
- Support in VEX for Namespaces, and multiple Content Models.
- Enhanced XML Model support for VEX including Comments, Processing Instructions, etc.
If interested you can take a look at the latest 0.5 integration builds. Again, these builds aren’t stable, but we need feedback, and are looking for contributions to help improve VEX.